Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Homeowner

Yes, I want to be a homeowner and I want it right now. I'm not sure if I can make it happen, but I've got my eye on a few condos and I'm going to contact a couple of banks to find out if I qualify for and FHA loan. I believe I do. If I can get one, I'll only need 3.5% down and with a $225k loan, that's only $8000. I can easily borrow that from my 401k and pay myself back with my $8000 tax refund.

I want a big, beautiful kitchen.



I won't get anything like that in a condo, but I could still get a nice kitchen.

I also want a garden.



I realize I won't get that with a condo, either. I can live with that.

My only dilemma lies in the fact that I need a two bedroom apartment in order to fit both myself and my boyfriend. He isn't financially viable to help out much. He will help out by contributing to the mortgage, but it won't be anywhere near 50/50 and would likely be closer to an 80/20 split.

It's scary to have to buy bigger in order to fit someone who is likely a permanent fixture in my life, but we never know what the future holds. I'm making a commitment for myself, but I'm also making one for him. He seems okay with it, but is feeling pretty cautious at the same time.

Updates as they happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say it ain't so