Wednesday, August 5, 2009

One week down

It's officially been over a week since I quit smoking. I thought it would get easier and easier with each day, but that hasn't really turned out to be the case. I will say that the urges come less and less frequently, but they are no less intense than they were on the first day of quitting. I know I can withstand them, as I've gone this far already, but it's definitely a trying time.

In addition to the uproar of quitting smoking, all the pieces of my townhouse buying experience are falling into place. Inspection, check. Appraisal, check. I haven't received any of the appraisal paperwork yet, nor has my mortgage broker called me to set up a signing date, but I know it'll be in about two weeks.

I'm hoping to do it no later than August 18th. That will give me a few week days to get some loose ends tied up, one Saturday to move all "fragile" items over and then Sunday to truly get my move on. I plan on only doing the bare minimum of cleanup at my current apartment before leaving it and never looking back again.

I'm so eager to be moved, it's hard not to get into a tizzy every day from impatience.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say it ain't so